[lit-ideas] Re: Afghanistan & Al Quaeda

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:24:19 -0800

If things are going as well as Christopher Hitchens describes in the
following two articles; then we can probably get out of Iraq fairly quickly:

http://www.slate.com/id/2134378/?nav=navoa

http://www.slate.com/id/2134761/

Although there might be political reasons for keeping some troops there,
just as we keep them in South Korea, to keep pressure on a neighboring
state.  The military option is not "off the table" in regard to Iran.

Lawrence

  _____