[lit-ideas] Adventures in scavenging

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rhodesianridgebacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:34:55 -0800

http://lawrencehelm.smugmug.com/RiverPhotography

The last 15 photos in the January 2012 gallery were taken this morning.  The
last one shows Sage with part of the leg of something, perhaps a goat.
Maybe someone will recognize what it is.  In the past she's found bits of
hooves, but this time she found much more.  After we got home I used a saw
and cut it in half.  It was very windy this morning and I didn't realize how
stinky this leg was, until Duffy and Sage brought their stinky selves up to
my study I realized how bad it smelled.  (Not Ginger, however; she didn't
seem interested in it.  Or maybe she just didn't want to compete with Duffy.
I heard him growl at her when she give his part a sniff.)

Also, I have been slowly uploading old photos.  I am back to January 2011.
The last photos I uploaded to that gallery included the confrontation with a
blond pit-bull.  I looked at them carefully to see if there was any sign
that Duffy was being intimidated by him; quite the contrary.  I never
noticed it before, and I might be mistaken, but photo 119 looks as though
Duffy is urinating on the pit bull's head.

Lawrence