[lit-ideas] Re: Adios, amigo.

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:54:49 -0600

EY:
Oh, man! While we're at it, let's resurrect Torquemada to monitor Gitmo
for abuses and appoint Lucretia Borgia to head the FDA.<<

I'm shocked, shocked! that Eric has so little respect for our own accomplishments in these area. We don't need to bring in Latin type foreigners to run our ruin. We're expert enough, thank you.

Except for the matter of aerodynamics and flight, Leonardo built a very
good helicopter. Except for the problems of mass and weight, gravity is
no big deal either.<<

Here, Eric, the otherwise sterling argumenter turns out pure pewter. Cuba has flown (continuing the aerodynamic trope) where we have floundered, flapping our chops and trusting that corporate profits speak the truth -- which is -- ach, you know what? I'm too tired to work out the whole brilliant profits/prophets intertwined metaphor that would have been both tedious and obvious to a 3rd grader anyway and so I'm leaving it to you to make up your own. Besides, I on vacation. Let me just say that universal health care alone makes Cuba light years ahead of us. Eric, God love him, and if He doesn't, I do, but only because he writes so well, anyway, said Eric, as I was saying, apparently has no compunctions about our coupling with (see, Walter, I don't always say "fucking") any dictator who'll give us a kiss.

Etc. etc, etc.

Mike Geary
Memphis
There must be some way out of here.  I want out of here.