[lit-ideas] Re: Adios, amigo.

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:25:30 -0500

>> We desperately need to learn how to make a just society -- they can probably help us greatly in that.

Oh, man! While we're at it, let's resurrect Torquemada to monitor Gitmo for abuses and appoint Lucretia Borgia to head the FDA.

>> Except for the matter of political liberty -- a very important matter, mind you -- he built a good, just and equitable society in Cuba.

Except for the matter of aerodynamics and flight, Leonardo built a very good helicopter. Except for the problems of mass and weight, gravity is no big deal either.

The brother's a real winner, too. Beria replaces Stalin:

"Particularly in the early years, Raúl acted as his brother’s hard-line enforcer, eliminating opponents and earning himself the nickname “The Prussian” for his cold, efficient style.

"Photographs from the late-1950s show him as a slight young man, directing summary executions of scores of Batista’s fighters. Throughout the years, he has sent even close friends to the firing squad, men like General Arnaldo Ochoa, a highly-decorated veteran of Cuba’s campaigns in Africa."

[from: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article3396201]

Willing bait for Mike's howlers,
Fulgencio Batista