[lit-ideas] Acronyms

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:52:19 EST

Please, everyone, post your favourite acronym whether an original with you
or not, and we'll place bets on who can decipher them fastest and most
accurately.

(Hey, ya gotta do something during the house-bound days.)

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Boeing and the
Aviation Market  Date: 1/18/2007 7:34:01 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
>> Hearty cheers ring out from across the  pond. There is common ground.
There's a starting line.

There  always was a starting line. Mike said I should join "us" at one
point and it  flummoxed me. Why would he think I wasn't part of "us"?

Just because I  tend to support nationalism over globalism, strong
military action combined  with strong diplomacy, and effective
counterterrorism programs?

Just  for that? Little nitpicky, isn't it? I also support ramping up
access to all  levels of education, health care reform, and an end to
corporate offshoring  and tax sheltering. I see no problem with abortion
as a choice, employer-or  government-sponsored daycare, civil unions
between gays, and maintaining  inheritance (death) tax penalties for
large estates. Some illicit drugs  should be legalized and churches that
tout politics should be taxed. Gun  laws should be tightened so that
nutjobs in barbwire-enclosed desert  compounds have a harder time getting
Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching  Systems (APOBS) and crates full of
ArmaLite AR-18s. Barbara Streisand should  be taxed just because she is
Barbara Streisand.

As a nationalist, I  think we should treat our citizens as well as we
can, and treat our enemies  as harshly as we  can.