[lit-ideas] Re: A serious inquiry

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:54:55 -0400

Omar, IMO, unfortunately, yes. This is the U.S.  We take the good with the
bad.  Censorship doesn't work.  We just have to take people for who they
are.  That's what freedom means, as long as they don't break laws.  That's
the messiness of freedom.

I wanted to say that if anyone wants to see the end of Western
Civilization, they should follow the prescriptions set out in the movie
Paul reviewed.  It just proves that the West has no ability to learn from
either history or experience; Iraq, the Israeli effort, etc.  Instead of
learning that the ONLY way to prevent this crap is to make friends with
moderates, even, yes, Iran, and do what we need to do to coinhabit this
little planet, all we civilized people do is want to exterminate each
other.  During the Cold War there were all sorts of scenarios like this one
with the Russkies.  People huddled deep under the ground in NORAD,
paranoid, waiting for MAD.  The military pressured Kennedy to a nuke
showdown with the SU but he had the wisdom to refrain.  This is that all
over again.  HOW are we more civilized, let alone more intelligent than the
mullahs?

Mike Wallace will be interviewing Ahmadinejad on 60 Minutes, don't know
when.