[lit-ideas] Re: A serious inquiry

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:16:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, I don't think so.  You are sympathetic to Al
> Qaeda, Hezbollah,
> Hamas, those arrested today in Britain, etc.  You
> are well-versed in the
> rhetoric of Western liberals.  You use that rhetoric
> as a weapon for
> your own ends, that is the goals you share with the
> above groups.

*Right, Phil. I'm just a propagandist. The only
trouble is that nobody is paying me for my propaganda.

While playing on the liberal
> sympathies of many
> on this list, you don't share them.  Instead, you
> prefer the only
> possible response to an evil that pervades the
> world, violence.  You
> hate the U.S., you hate the West, you hate Israel.
> In the end, there
> must be a violence that destroys all of these.

*Sure. I want to destroy the US, Israel, Europe,
China, everything. Gee, how did we forget about Canada
?

> Did I miss anything?  I recognize the symptoms from
> people I know.  They
> are intelligent, educated Muslims infected by a
> hatred of everything
> Western and Israel.  By no means is this true of all
> the Muslims I know,
> and in fact they are a minority.  But you are a
> familiar type and I
> don't think I have misunderstood.  In fact, I would
> be delighted to be
> shown to be wrong and happy to apologize.

*Nope, Phil, you got it just right. I'm a bad man.
Here is a song for you (Sorry I can't come up with a
new one every time you accuse me):

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/10/john_cena/bad_bad_man.html

http://mail.yahoo.com