[lit-ideas] Re: A political thought (continued)

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:10:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> >>"A state that
> >> declines to be linked either to a religion or to
> an
> >> ideology
>

> Indeed. What would be the example of such a state,
> anyway ?
> >

> *An* example is France. You will of course reply,
> Omar, that France has not
> declined to be linked to secularism.

*You said it yourself. Also, do nation-states not
subscribe to national ideologies ? What about
capitalism, is that not an idelogy ?

  And there we
> have the problem Aron
> should have foreseen. But that some people will
> quibble whatever is said is
> not really his problem.

*So there is a fairly obvious problem, but when I
point it out, that is called "quibbling" ? Hum, I am
being treated a bit ungenereously here, it seems to
me.

O.K.