[lit-ideas] Re: A policeman's lot

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:39:35 -0230

Quoting Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>:

> When did you start channeling my 14 year old daughter?
>
> She openly asserts that she perceives of animals at the very least to be
> equal in value to humans, and in most cases, superior.
>
> She has become certain that her calling is working with endangered species
> via conservation.  I'm sure I've posted this before, but I saw it coming
> when she was three years old and I swatted a wasp in her room.  She cried
> and begged me to "make it alive again".
>
> Julie Krueger

WO: Some of my undergrad phil. students in our Faculty of Ed. are pre-service
teachers (i.e., expecting to graduate, convocate and be certified in Canada)
and some of my grad students are in-service teachers and administrators. Thus
the mediated "channeling" to the adolescent crowd. Nothing in my required phil.
courses for future and present teachers and administrators happens independent
of a reflective consideration of potential effects on the "frontlines" - i.e.,
kids in the public schools trying to figure out where they belong in the
society in which they find themselves. (We're working on the private schools,
btw.)

Your daughter definitely has a calling. Support her categorically.

Walter O.
MUN

http://registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.cms.support.viewStory.cls?cid=95228&sid=1&fid=1