[lit-ideas] Re: A "philosopher" has died

  • From: "- phatic" <phatic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:10:08 +0100

One often would here Rorty mentioned along with Laclau, Giddens and Bourdieu.
If thst makes his death more important than any other is unbeknownskt.

He sure managed to engae a number of people, including Paul Stone ...

-p

> Paul Stone wrote:
>
> "Does anyone [here] care that Richard Rorty died?"

Phil Enns:
> I do.  I don't think he contributed much of his own but he put me on to
> Donald Davidson and Hilary Putnam, for which I am grateful.  I also enjoyed
> his style of doing philosophy, which was often one of a conversational
> engagement with a broad range of philosophers.

---
The more abstract the truth is that you would teach, the more you have to
seduce the senses to it.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

http://phatic.blogspot.com