[lit-ideas] Re: A kompetent Kommitty will interguse strangers

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:41:28 -0700

My wife pointed out what I didn't see and you probably did--that the
spelling in the document is inconsistent.  The invitation was probably
written by a literate person in what he or she imagined to be the style of
an illiterate person.  This would be in keeping with the theme: enjoying a
night of poverty.  Marie Antoinnette comes to mind, dressing in peasant
clothing and living from time to time in a specially-constructed peasant
house in the grounds of Versailles.  Now people go there to have their
wedding photos taken.  Poverty can be quite picturesque, but you wouldn't
want to live there.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon