[lit-ideas] Re: A Very Merry Unbirthday

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:28:43 -0400

At 09:03 AM 5/31/2004, you wrote:
>It's come to my attention that I don't know what any of you look
>like.  Well, I know what a few of you look like.  So this is me
>endeavoring to initiate some sort of picture thread.  These are some shots
>from my Unbirthday.  I'll explain via the invitation I sent out...
>"Indeed, that time of year is approaching.  June 16th.  Erin's Birthday
>and the anniversary of James Joyce's death.  I'm all for celebrating
>people who are alive.  In any case, this year's birthday celebration has
>been tainted by the irksome smoking ban that is being implemented on June
>1st.  This is why I have decided to bump the festivities up to May 29th (a
>Saturday).  Now, I know what you're thinking.  You're wondering why it
>matters when I can sit on a patio, in June, and smoke my little heart
>out.  Ordinarily, I'd say you were right.  However, with my luck, it will
>rain and possibly downpour.  I wouldn't put a hurricane past my birthday
>luck.  For those of you who were privy to last year's entertainment, don't
>worry, I'm leaving the "The Perfect Drink for Every Occasion" book at
>home.  I won't knock myself unconscious and start singing in my sleep, I
>swear, and hopefully Alex will not wake up in a puddle of his own
>vomit.  Hang on to this e mail."
>
>So I did go out for my birthday on Saturday, and this is some of what
>transpired.
>
>http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeoN3Ddq3bO-g

I thought I was the only one who was going to comment on these but Mike
beat me to it. Apparently, me and him enjoyed the slide show.

Some comments/questions:

1) It IS very true that "Canadian Girls Kick Ass"
2) Do you always demand to have the channel clicker at a bar?
3) You should teach "Jay" how to give the finger correctly
4) What did Carrie have to say?
5) What goes in that ring on your collar?
6) Is Errol in a band?
7) I won't ask about the men's briefs
8) Grolsch king cans RULE!
9) Pyramids went out of style in the early1980s
10) Is Danielle a plumber or a fridge repairman?
11) Who is "Dionusus" and does he know that you drink so much?

All in all, looked like a good time. Probably why I stayed in school for 12
years.

Paul