[lit-ideas] A Very Merry Unbirthday

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 09:03:04 -0400

It's come to my attention that I don't know what any of you look like.  Well, I
know what a few of you look like.  So this is me endeavoring to initiate some
sort of picture thread.  These are some shots from my Unbirthday.  I'll explain
via the invitation I sent out...
"Indeed, that time of year is approaching.  June 16th.  Erin's Birthday and the
anniversary of James Joyce's death.  I'm all for celebrating people who are
alive.  In any case, this year's birthday celebration has been tainted by the
irksome smoking ban that is being implemented on June 1st.  This is why I have
decided to bump the festivities up to May 29th (a Saturday).  Now, I know what
you're thinking.  You're wondering why it matters when I can sit on a patio, in
June, and smoke my little heart out.  Ordinarily, I'd say you were right.
However, with my luck, it will rain and possibly downpour.  I wouldn't put a
hurricane past my birthday luck.  For those of you who were privy to last
year's entertainment, don't worry, I'm leaving the "The Perfect Drink for Every
Occasion" book at home.  I won't knock myself unconscious and start singing in
my sleep, I swear, and hopefully Alex will not wake up in a puddle of his own
vomit.  Hang on to this e mail."

So I did go out for my birthday on Saturday, and this is some of what
transpired.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeoN3Ddq3bO-g

Erin
Toronto