[lit-ideas] Re: A Room of War's Own

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:22:54 -0500

At 05:31 AM 11/25/2005, you wrote:

Re #'s of casualties in wars.

Does anyone else find it ironic (at best) that the number of U.S. soldiers killed in the war on Iraq now equals the number of lives lost on 9/11?

And a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I guess we showed them.

"We" showed "them" something. Unfortunately, it's NOT how to be civilized. That would be an impossibility to demonstrate something which 'we' have not even begun to perfect.

Perhaps Aprocryphal Quote of the day:

Reporter: Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Western Civilization?
Ghandi: I think it would be a good idea.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada