[lit-ideas] Re: A Rant You Can Embellish

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:45:35 -0700

If we were able to abolish all of the things mentioned in the first line, it would mean that people were healthy, cars worked and everyone was in a good place. A secondary side effect would be that all the inconveniences and indignities associated with these places and institutions had gone the way of Ellis Island.

Garlic presses are just unnecessary. Sharp or wide-bladed knives do everything perfectly well and are far less annoying when it comes to the washing up.

Brussel sprouts taste best when the hearts are tight.

"Issues," should go the way of "inappropriate" and people's fast grip on being aggrieved, offended or having an unfortunate past. Life is life and we must carry on.

David Ritchie,
about to cut limes in
Portland, Oregon

On May 21, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Julie Krueger wrote:

If this weren't coming so close to reading like found poetry, I'd ask prosaic questions such as ... human bodies & automobiles cease functioning and you just wanna say adios? Whatsa matta with garlic presses? Have you ever seen tight brussel sprout hearts? Or perhaps tight-fisted? Broken brussel sprout hearts? Are loose brussel sprout hearts more likely to be closed or open?