[lit-ideas] Re: A Question Answered

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:26:51 -0500

Stan wrote:
"Dan Quayle's wife once said he'd give up a chance for sex in exchange for a
good game of golf. That's a Republican for you."

This is what I was getting at when I asked if men really liked that stuff or if
they think they have to like it.  If Quayle (if, repeat: if) Quayle (or any
guy) can only get excited by pictures or fantasies of what would be under his
Christmas tree, well then you draw the conclusion.  It's strange how humans
have these big brains that are all but useless for reality but in overdrive for
fantasy and what if.  Makes me want to revisit Anton Chekov.