[lit-ideas] Re: A Problem With Fear

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:04:16 -0400

You can find a couple of reviews if you Google (verb) for them.  They aren't
rave reviews, but reviews nevertheless.  It's not a stellar film, it's just
strange, that is, aspects of it are seriously odd, though it's got this sort of
boring plot that goes along with it, which makes it all even stranger.  Ah
well, it's worth taking a look at if you ever come across it.

Off to see Napoleon Dynamite

Erin

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE

Movie Profile
From the rural town of Preston, Idaho, comes Napoleon Dynamite. With a
red 'fro, his moon boots and illegal government ninja moves, he is a new kind
of hero. His family consists of fragile brother Kip, who's seeking his soul
mate in online chat rooms; Uncle Rico, who is stuck in his "glory" days of high
school football; and Grandma, who enjoys going out to the dunes on her quad-
runner. Napoleon spends his days drawing magical beasts, working on his
computer hacking skills to impress the chicks, and begrudgingly feeding his
grandma's pet llama. When his friend Pedro decides to run for class president,
it is Napoleon to the rescue to help him triumph over adversity.-

Quoting JulieReneB@xxxxxxx:

> Did you consider Like Water for Chocolate bizarre?  or Pi?  Eyes Wide Shut?
>
> I'm trying to remember which movie it was that Jim and I watched a couple
> months ago and after a stunned silence at the end turned to each other and
> simultaneously said, "that was the weirdest thing I've ever seen".....  I
> kinda like
> bizarre.  I'll definitely put a Problem w/ Fear on my Netflix.  Huh.  Guess I
>
> won't.  Netflix doesn't have it.  And they have *everything*.
> Julie Krueger
> wondering

Erin