[lit-ideas] Re: A Possibly Very Good Idea

  • From: jimkandjulieb@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:04:01 -0400

Speaking of pharma ......

I have a prescription for Zoloft that I've been on for about three years.  I
get it filled at the closest pharmacy -- it's where I have everything filled
and they're about the cheapest out there.  A month's worth of Zoloft runs @
$100.  Last time I had it refilled I said to the pharmacist, when in the WORLD
is there going to be a generic form of this?  He shrugged his shoulders, said
God only knows, they take a long time.

Two days ago I needed a refill and didn't have transportation so called a
pharmacy I do not usually use but which does free delivery.  When I indicated
that I wanted the script transferred and they verified the medication and
dosage, the pharmacist said, do you want this in the generic?  After getting up
off the floor, I said, yes, please.  The month's worth cost me $34.00.

Now either the pharmacy I usually use is outright lying because they want to
make more money or entirely ignorant.

Julie.....just......sharing