[lit-ideas] A Note in General

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LIT-IDEAS <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:25:21 -0400

Today was my first class of ancient Greek.  I give it a week before I forget my
three years worth of German.  Either way, ancient Greek rocks.  Apparently the
lengthy epics could be orally composed on the spot because all the names and
feasts, e.g. were just formulaic expressions the recitation of which provided
enough time to compose in one's head in the meantime the new lines to come.  I
had no idea.  Now I just have to go join a sorority.

Has two hours to squish in GRE math before off to summer class No. 2 (German
lit.)

Shoot me now,
--
Erin