[lit-ideas] Re: A Kingdom for a Blink

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:33:17 -0400

Andyrene: Here we are, the most advanced civilization in the history of the world, getting ready to use nuclear weapons because we don't want to be the first ones to blink.

We're getting ready to use nukes? I must have slept through that part of the discussion.

We are however getting ready to make new improved nukes.

[from NTI's daily Global Security Newswire]

U.S. Could Fund Nuclear Warhead With Funds for Current Arsenal
By David Ruppe

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Defense Department could soon suspend plans to extend the life of a U.S. nuclear warhead in order to fund the research and development of a new warhead and changes to the nuclear weapons complex, officials said yesterday (see GSN, April 26).

http://www.nti.org/d_newswire/issues/2006_4_27.html#A5747E0B