[lit-ideas] Re: A Freeloader Asks: Who are you people?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:41:56 -0600

AJ:
What is this list?

It's your neighborhood bar. It's a family reunion. It's a "my dad can beat up your dad" braggadocio sophomore bull session. It's sometimes a trove of thought and aesthetic moments, but there's no such thing as a free epiphany, buddy boy, you have to wade through the muck to get to the treasured Island. So have a drink and throw a punch.

Mike Geary
Memphis

P.S.  Enjoyed your poem very much.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Jorgensen" <bangdrum@xxxxxxxxxxx>