[lit-ideas] A Favour Please

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:02:49 -0400

I would like to ask a favour from those who contribute to the list.
Please don't post articles or parts of articles without commenting.

I ask this for two related reasons.  First, I am part of this list
because I am interested in hearing what the others on this list have to
say about whatever topics are of interest.  I want to hear what Omar or
Stan or Lawrence think, not some talking head.  There are plenty of
services that collect articles and editorials so this list need not.

Second, an article posted without comment leaves me wondering about the
relationship between the content of the article and the poster.  Does
Omar, or Stan, agree with the whole article, parts of it, and which?
Tell me if the article reflects your understanding and if you disagree
at points, why?

I have begun deleting posts that appear to be comprised of forwarded
articles.  This isn't because I am not interested in the topics but
rather because reading them defeats the purpose of my belonging to this
list.   May I suggest providing comments and then either pasting parts
of the article or linking to it.  This may not always be appropriate but
I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON