[lit-ideas] Re: A Cavalier Attitude to Life

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 00:16:29 EDT

Thanks, Mrs. Trevor-Townshend.

I knew there was some naivete in my question. I suppose I should revisit
Shirley Valentine, where they discuss the anatomy of the clitoris. Shirley
admits she can't pronounce klitoris.

In Hebrew nations (where the practice of circumcision was created -- by
Abraham?) the meaning is almost religious. (Although some claim that a 'cut'
pr*ck is a cleaner one -- I know a Liverpudlian, born cavalier, who's turned
 roundhead, "for reasons of hygiene", he claims. As if it involved such
malapropisms to keep it clean!

---

I'm less sure about mutilated versus unmutilated. Is that Hebrew too?

---

In the USA, the practice of 'cutting' it is Hebrew via Puritanism.

Etc.

J. L.
   Bordighera, etc.

In a message dated 10/5/2009 9:42:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
suettrevor@xxxxxxxxx writes:

What is  the equivalent for a female of circumcised
> versus uncircumcised.

Mutilated vs. unmutilated, Mr.  Speranza.