[lit-ideas] Re: 9th ed of the Encyclopaedia Britannica

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:00:57 -0700

On Nov 2, 2007, at 10:00 AM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

David:

Since we all need goals. Here are some you might consider (from Wikipedia – no irony intended):

and Amos Urban Shirk, an American businessman, who read the 11th and 14th editions, devoting roughly three hours per night for four and a half years to read the 11th.[25]

Clearly not a man to shirk work.

I ordered a copy. I guess I'd better clear my night stand for the next decade or so.

David Ritchie,
glorying in the sunshine and color, also looking forward to looking for a nice edition of Hume's history at the Catlin Gabel rummage sale
in Portland, Oregon

http://www.catlin.edu/news/rummage/index