[lit-ideas] Re: 90 minutes -- when desire is wholly directed toward violence itself

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:09:24 -0500

T: And is not, then, the abnegation of this logic precisely a complement
to Lacan's ethic of psychoanalysis and of our duty to follow our desire?

Lacan bows to Freud who bows to Nietzsche who bows to Emerson. Emerson
quotes a Latin phrase in his essay, "Compensation":

Res nolunt diu male administrari (things refuse to be mismanaged long).

Anyone know a citation for this? Sounds like Cicero in one of his late
essays.

Regards,