[lit-ideas] Re: 4th of July

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 19:04:02 -0700

On Jul 4, 2009, at 6:17 PM, Ursula Stange wrote:
kills flies like a wanton boy

That last line of yours, David, put me in mind of long-ago-Larry's post once about how the boys were throwing the stones in fun, but the frogs were dying in earnest.
US. in CA

I remember. It's one of the few lines from Shakespeare that sticks in my forgetful head. "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; They kill us for their sport."

I can't remember, have I recommended the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre production of King Lear?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6F7t8X_CI

David Ritchie,
not currently staying in the Edward Lear Hotel, London
(there really is one)