[lit-ideas] Re: 3/6, not cricket

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:02:03 -0700

On Mar 22, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Andreas Ramos wrote:

Can you explain Memphis, Tennessee and Cairo, Illinois?

No, I'm told that's impossible, but I can tell you that the coach of the Pakistan cricket team may have been murdered by a "match-fixing mafia":

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=442742007&format=print

I can also tell you that the riff Phil Enns and I embroidered in the "I shall say this only 5000 times (allo allo)" thread--"...Water? We bloody dreamed of water. We had to go fishing in the desert AND we had to grow our fish from sticks"-- was not, strictly speaking from Monty Python. That group performed it at the Hollywood bowl, but the original skit was on "Not the 1948 Show."

Just thought you ought to know.

David Ritchie,
embroidering riffs in
Portland, Oregon