[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

I am not stronger than anyone I know, but then I know
quite a lot of people who are into martial arts,
fighting and so on. I've never practiced any martial
art, myself. I take my chances with such people but I
don't necessarily come out on top. I had an encounter
two years ago with an Irish guy who is smaller than me
but has practiced boxing, jiu-jizu, almost anything
you can think of, and you could probably I got beaten
although I stood my ground and also he hit me first.
Hitting first is very important in fights, especially
psychologically. Also, I was probably in a better
shape when I was 30, now I have put on unproductive
weight and also after my ancle injury two years ago I
am not as light on my feet as I used to be. So, no
hybristic superpower here, only a guy who is pretty
strong and is not afraid.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com