[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:42:10 -0400

In fairness to Eric, I suspect that most of the rest of us are just 'talkers' as well. Anybody manning the barricades with Cindy Sheehan?

I, for one, am happy to hear Eric's viewpoint. I don't watch much American news, so am occasionally lulled into thinking that everyone disapproves of Bush and his phony war. The fact that Eric, as intelligent as he is, is so persuaded of the rightness of the whole thing, slams me out of my complacency.

We have an extended family group run something like this list, and it has several times almost imploded over these issues -- we just don't talk about or post anything in the least bit controversial any more to keep some of the 'sensitive' ones from unlisting themselves. Sad.

Ursula, mostly manning nothing more controversial than the barbecue in
North Bay

From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bush can't even convince the population there is a war. If anyone is pursuing "the illusion of safety," it's the suburban nihilists who think they can wish the conflict away and retreat to the cliches of their Sixties-left childhoods.
The Islamists know there is a war and are counting on the US suburban nihilists to help win it for them.

Okay, Eric, enough. Put up or shut up.

You say there's a war, so do something about it. www.GoArmy.com

They take anyone. They're so desperate that they are accepting high school dropouts, criminals, and so on. They even take kids with Aspergers. They're even enlisting autistic kids.

So, no more excuses. Go. Army.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com