[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:16:12 +0100 (BST)

--- Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Judy: I imagine the Administration would argue that
> the military tribunals are "fair and regular
> trials"!!
>

> Yes and given the nature of the terrorists, it's
> hard to see
> another way to deal with them.

1.  People here have tried to persuade you that it is
folly (and perhaps worse) to regard all the inmates of
Guantanamo Bay as "the terrorists".

(We have addressed your point about confessions but
should also have said that only 10 people -- it is
only  10, isn't it? -- have been charged with any
offence.)

2.  Your view may be the view of the current US
Administration (interesting, then, that they are
acceding to the wishes of ertain other countries and
letting their citizens leave Guantanamo Bay).  It is
not the view of -- to name but one ally -- Tony Blair.

Judy Evans, Cardiff