[lit-ideas] Re: 21. century European anti-Semitism

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:50:04 EDT

But isn't there a difference between individual violence and collective
violence?  I mean, individuals who behave violently on behalf of a violent
community are not acting out of the subsuming rush you describe.  Crusaders
killing
those who would not convert, Al Qaeda members flying planes into towers,
Palestinians blowing themselves up on buses -- they are not acting out of a
momentary
rage or an immediacy -- fight or flight.  Collective violence is not as ....
immediate, as instintct-driven.  Help me out here, someone...
Julie