[lit-ideas] Re: 12 year old Macallan

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:59:43 -0700

On Jul 12, 2009, at 5:43 PM, Paul Stone wrote:
I said is "that
one" (the 210) going to last SIX times longer? He said "no, probably
twice", I said, give two of the 35 dollar one.

not comparing scotch to chains, but you get the idea,

I once went to a wine tasting put on by Mr. Chapoutier: http:// www.chapoutier.com/

We started with the stuff I can afford and then up we went. For those of you who may never get the chance, I'll report that the improvement in experience did not match the rise in price, but more money did get you better and better wines. Critics will tell you that price is generally not a good guide to quality in wine. This may be true, but in one instance I can say that it was not the case. M. Chapoutier's top-of-the-line was the sort of stuff that might even cause one of Jeeves' eyebrows to rise.

David Ritchie,
wondering what happened to the weather in
Portland, Oregon