[Linuxtrent] seminario a povo: Servizi web e F/LOSS

  • From: "Vincenzo D'Andrea" <vincenzo.dandrea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:33:21 +0100

Lunedi 20 novembre, ore 17.30, Facoltà di Scienze (aula 108 nuovo
edificio ITC/irst)

Seminario di G.R.Gangadharan (DIT - UniTN)

"The Art and Science of Licensing"

Abstract:
Licensing is the fundamental way for distribution of software,
designing business relationships and strategies. In this presentation,
we will glimpse the basic clauses of a technology license. Then, we
will see the concepts of licensing software and components. The
seamless explosion of services demands a similar attention, in order
to address legal and commercial issues. The nature of services
precludes the adoption of a license model as it stands now for
software. We will analyze the concept of service licensing in detail.
Inspired by Free/Open Source Software, we discuss the concept of
Free/Open Service and analyze the implications of Free/Open source
approach on the different aspects of service oriented computing.

http://dit.unitn.it/research/seminario?id=DIT-SMN-06-15-329