[Linuxtrent] Mozilla 1.0RC2

  • From: Matteo Ianeselli <m.ianeselli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 09:04:18 +0200

C'e` fuori Mozilla 1.0 Release Candidate 2.

    http://www.mozilla.org

Un po' di bugfixing e qualche feature. Pare che la link toolbar per
ora non ci sia piu` (quella che gestiva i tag LINK). Probabilmente
ricomparira` in una versione successiva...

Ecco le release notes:

What's New In This Release

    * A security vulnerability reported in Mozilla by GreyMagic
      Software has now been fixed. For more information see the
      mozilla.org statement.

    * Fifteen of our most frequently encountered crashes have been
      fixed. You can help us find any that are left by banging on
      Mozilla and sending in those TalkBack crash reports.

    * Ten of our most frequently encountered application freezes have
      been fixed (including the dreaded bug 96504 on Linux).

    * We finally support CSS2 :hover the way web developers want us
      to. (Bug bug 5693)

    * It is now possible to install colormap on 8 bit displays using
      -install. (Bug 22337)

    * Cookies can now be disabled for Mozilla Mail. (Bug 22994)

    * You can now enable in preferences HTTP 1.1 pipelining (not on by
      default). (Bug 93054)

    * Mozilla is working again on Mac OS 8.5 and 8.6. The startup hang
      experienced in RC1 is fixed.