[LinuXpert Systems] Raspberry Pi (The credit card sized computer) based Projects for Engineering Students

  • From: Baskar Selvaraj <baskar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 21:01:01 +0530

Dear member,

Students having interest in Raspberry Pi related projects (The Credit card
sized computer running Linux only operating system) can contact me.

About Raspberry Pi:
------------------------------

The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized Linux Computer that plugs into
your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for
many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets,
word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. It is,
however, a very flexible machine, and its capabilities have made it
very popular among makers and hobbyists

Raspberry Pi, a credit-card sized computer based on an ARM-processor,
is generating considerable excitement as a cheap and approachable
platform for teachers to teach Computer Science in schools.

I have compiled a list of projects that can be implemented using Raspberry
Pi

Building a Video Wall using Raspberry Pi
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/3648

1.8" TFT LCD Display for Raspberry Pi
http://www.whence.com/rpi/

Setting up a Raspberry Pi media center
http://delarre.net/posts/setting-up-a-raspberry-pi-media-center/

Control your pi with your phone
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/3583

Raspberry Pi Internet Radio
http://usualpanic.com/2013/05/raspberry-pi-internet-radio/

BerryTerminal (Low cost Thinclient using Raspberry Pi)
http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php

How to set up the camera hardware in Raspberry Pi
http://www.raspberrypi.org/camera

Raspberry Pi Webcam Server
http://pingbin.com/2012/12/raspberry-pi-web-cam-server-motion/

Stream video from the Raspberry Pi Camera to Web Browsers
http://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/post/stream-video-from-the-raspberry-pi-camera-to-web-browsers-even-on-ios-and-android

Send SMS from a Raspberry Pi
http://www.mattiasnorell.com/blog/send-sms-from-a-raspberry-pi/

Raspberry Pi PIR Motion detection and alerting to SMS
http://dataissexy.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/raspberry-pi-pir-motion-detection-and-alerting-to-sms-raspberrypi-sms-sensors/

Raspberry Pi: How to get GPS working
http://blog.petrilopia.net/linux/raspberry-pi-gps-working/

--