[LinuXpert Systems] Open Source Lab setup using Fedora-20 for Operating System Design case study

  • From: Baskar Selvaraj <baskar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 05:46:59 -0500

Dear member,

We are glad to inform that, LinuXpert Systems is in the process of setting
up Linux / Open Source Software lab using Fedora-20 (after it's final
release on December 10th, 2013) during the month of December 2013 and
January 2014 for conducting 'Operating System Design case study, Subject
Code: CP-7212'.

Fedora-20 is based on the recent Linux Kernel version 3.11.8 which is well
suitable for conducting the following two case studies / mini-project.

1. Linux Kernel Module Development
2. eCos (embedded Configurable Operating System) RTOS Development.

The Fedora-20 Linux based FOSS lab setup service will be offered for FREE
of COST for the colleges who have already purchased our FOSS Lab Server.
 For other colleges, a nominal cost of Rs.5,000/- is being charged for
setting up the Lab.  Fedora-20 Linux will be installed in 20 computers with
all required development tools and libraries for conducting the above 2
case studies.

The above offer is valid only upto January 31, 2014 and colleges interested
in the above Lab setup may write to baskar@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

We have created a separate mailing list group for general discussion and
technical support related to "Operating System Design case study".  For any
technical clarifications, we request members to subscribe in the below
group and post their questions.

//www.freelists.org/list/osdesign

---
S. Baskar