[Linux-Discussion] Re: question

  • From: "Damian Scott" <sdamian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 01:16:47 -0800

No worries.  I wouldn't have even thought this feature in vi existed if it
weren't for your question.  I happened to come across this information
that answered your question and added a bit more information to my vi
knowledge.  My wife loves it when I speak in vi or regex : ).

To follow on from the earlier "recording" and "playback" session - once
you've recorded some keystrokes and ready to play them back, you would
have to press the "@" key and the letter name of the buffer.  You can find
more detailed information at http://www.lklug.pdn.ac.lk/software/vim.php
(VI Tricks)

Damian

bobbya <bobbya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: linux-discussion-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/21/01 08:03 AM
Please respond to linux-discussion

        To:     linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [Linux-Discussion] question

I've been using vi since 1996, and this is the first time I've come across
this. I'm embarrassed. Anyway, can you tell me
how "q" works?

Robert A.

> Robert -
>
>         It appears you have pressed the letter "q" somewhere during your
> vi sessoin during command mode.  The very next letter you press
following
> "q" will be the name of the buffer and you'll see "recording" at the
> bottom of the screen.  If you press "q" again it stops recording.
There's