[Linux-Discussion] question

  • From: bobbya <bobbya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:16:41 -0700

John,

You have excellent questions. I don't have many users, and I fortunately still
have their passwords in a log book, all except 1 person, but I think I'll let
him know before I do the upgrade so that he can change his password in his
email setup on his browser.

So you think that even if it is not backward compatible that it is worth the
tradeoff. Hey, here is another question. After, hopefully,
I get some new users, I should write their passwords in my log so that if
anything happens in the future, I can recreate their
accounts; like I'm doing right now.

Here is the question:

I don't like having to write down a user's password everytime I create an
account. I tried "script", but it did not record the key
strokes while I was inside of "script". It seems that the only way to keep
track of "users - passwords" is to write them down?

Robert