[Linux-Discussion] Re: delay...

  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:40:41 -0500

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> has anyone ever had delays when connecting to a linux box before? I go
> to telnet into another linux box or even ftp for that matter, and it
> just sits there for about 1 minute and then connects like everything is
> all right. Has anyeon else had this problem?

Yeah, it usually has to do with the serving machine trying to reverse-lookup
the connecting machine.  I think I've only gotten it when using private IP
ranges (192.168, for example).

Btw, you're not supposed to be using telnet and ftp anyway. :)

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Sys-Admin / Webmaster, Avenir Web: http://avenir.dhs.org