[Linux-Discussion] Re: compatible hardware

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:24:46 -0500

> Would you tell me what command I can issue to output what video driver
> is being used?

There are three components to NVIDIA's stuff.  1) 'lsmod'  - "NVdriver"
shoudl be in the list.  2) Make sure the "driver" listed for your video
card in /etc/X11/XF86Config is "nvidia" and not "nv."  (nv is the default,
non-accelerated XFree86 driver) 3) Make sure that "Load glx" is somewhere
in the same file, and that it's not commented out.

> No, I didn't know that network cards had configurable MAC addresses.  I
> thought that the MAC address was unique to each individual card.

It's a really bad idea to change it anyway, unless you know what you're
doing.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!