[Linux-Discussion] Re: a show of hands...

  • From: Bruno Van de Casteele <brunovdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:33:02 +0200

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 13:12:47 -0500, the Dasein John Madden
<weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

|So, out of curiousity, how many people out there would buy a
|pre-installed, pre-configured, ready-to-go machine that had Linux on it?
|Let's say the Linux machine costs $100 less than the same machine with
|Windows.

i wouldnt buy both (no, i am not the bsd type...)
the windows machine costs because of the licence: i have one for my
"work"station here, so if i buy a new one, i'll transfer it.
But i wouldnt buy linux either... because there will be no vendor
selling Debian. And even if, i prefer to assemble my own computer from
different stores and such just so i can have the system i want.
maybe i am difficult...

--
Bruno Van de Casteele  brunovdc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
N.P. Puam      [ ICQ#: CA957F ]

"You must bear in mind that the language-game is so to say something
unpredictable. I mean: it is not based on grounds. It is not
reasonable (or unreasonable). It is there - like our life."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Administrative contact: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx