[Linux-Discussion] Re: Using CAT on Linux

  • From: John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:47:58 -0500

> Now I am using Linux, and while I find cat works from the command prompt the
> exec code I used to load one page into another does not work on Linux.
>
> I was using this code on BSD
>
> <!--#exec cmd="/bin/cat include.txt" -->
>
> Anyone know how to make it work on Linux?  I cannot use php or SSI because
> our pages are found in search engines, etc.

This *is* SSI. :)

Assuming you're using Apache, make sure you have the "Includes" directive on
the "Options" for this directory, and if you're not going to use a .shtml
extension on the file, that you make it executable, and add the option
"Xbithack full" for the directory as well.

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer