[Linux-Discussion] Updating a RedHat 6.1 box quickly

  • From: "John Lewis" <jnlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:51:20 -0400

Hi all,

I've inherited a default RedHat 6.1 box that's been running a basic website
and email accounts for a non-profit for the past year or so.  I'm no expert,
so would love some advice to get the box uptodate, and secure...

The box is at a remote site, so no xwindow's RedHat update.  Are you all
aware of a command line interface version of RedHat Update that I could use
to quickly update all of the packages on the server?

Also, what would be the best way to determine if it has been compromised in
any way?

--
John Lewis