[Linux-Discussion] SAMBA...

  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:53:57 -0500

SAMBA is working great on one of my machines except for one problem.
There is this one directory, the most important directory I need mind
you, that just won't let me see what's in the directory. It maps fine,
but every subdirectory and file in there acts like it's not there. I
smbmount the workgroup service and the main directory is there, but when
I do an ls -la on the dir, nothing is there. Is there a limit to the
amount of files and directories SAMBA can see? It is a huge directory. I
was thinking that the NT server machine might have some kind of set
permissions, but when I open up the prperties tab window, they're just
the same as all the other shared directories that I CAN see. Thanks for
your help.

--

James Gosnell
 goose@xxxxxxxxxxxx