[Linux-Discussion] RTL8139C - Trouble loading module

  • From: "James Martin - MITTS" <jmmitts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:23:37 +0100

Hi guys,

I have created image diskettes for a fresh installation of SUSE 7.3. Although
my RTL 8139 module seems to be loading successfuly with both realtek drivers, I
am still having trouble to connect to my source NFS installation directory on
the server for full installation.

The error is
' An error occured during the network configuration. Probably you network card
was not recognized by th kernel"

Iv moved my nic to every possible slot in my intel box. Where do I go from
here?. Oh by the way, it worked perfectly well with 7.2.

Regards
James
Malta