[Linux-Discussion] Mounting (was Re: Re: How to setup the telnet??)

  • From: Paul <landerso@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 10:31:37 -0400

Balvinder Sabherwal wrote:

> The kernel version is 2.2.17 and its configured for 256 mounted file
> systems. I am trying to mount it as ext2 type file system and I currently
> have 12 mounted files systems.

It's either not an ext2 filesystem or it's a MASSIVELY corrupt ext2
filesystem.  If it's corrupted, you can try:

e2fsck -b 8193 -c /dev/device

-b 8193 tells it to use a different copy of the superblock, if the drive
has seriously bad blocks at the beginning of the disk, this can help
e2fsck realize that it is an ext2 filesystem.  -c tells it to do a bad
block scan.