[Linux-Discussion] Re: Blue Cat Problem

  • From: John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:10:32 -0500

> Then fsck:
>
> fsck -c /dev/partition
>
> There's another switch which has to be passed to fsck to force it to
> check a clean filesystem, but I don't remember what that is.  I suggest
> you consult the nearest manpage.

It's -f.  Had to use that one quite a few times...

Btw, the disks in FreeLists are 9 days old today, and already, one of them
(at least) is starting to make noise.  IDE drives suck.

I'll be looking for/ordering a hardware raid controller, machine, disks,
etc., tonight -- if anyone's got any suggestions, please let me know...

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer