[Linux-Discussion] Re: BIND and DSL

  • From: Nils Vogels <nivo+linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:12:11 +0200

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:31:03PM +0000, James Gosnell wrote:
> Ok, I've got BIND working, but my registrar doesn't like the server when
> I try to register it. I get an"invalid name server" error from Dotster,
> my register. I think it might be do to the fact that I only have one DNS
> instead of two. I need to do this to delegate to the other DNS around
> the world, that my DNS is legit, right? Thanks for all the help!

Now that multiple registrars are allowed, an additional need is that your
nameserver is registered as a valid nameserver, so that multiple registrars
can refer to it.

I use joker as registrar and they automatically do this .. this might be the
stage you are in now..

Gr,

--
Nils Vogels             PGP:0xC26BD15F Available on keyservers.
S@H:5245WU/7.104yr      --> setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu. Will you find aliens?

My other computer is your windows box.