[Linux-Discussion] Re: 128 meg drive

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:55:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Jun 19, Adam Klein threw electrons at linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>I am a Linux newbie and I have a 128 meg hard drive that I would like to
>load Ret Hat 7.1 on there is insufficient disk space to automatically set
>the partitions so I have to do it manually.
>can anyone help me out with how to set the partitions to get it to work
>since it is my first time doing such a thing.

128mb? That's as in 128 megabytes? Wow that's ancient. Sorry, but
there's no way in the fires of [you-know-where] that Redhat is going to
install on that tiny little thing; it's kind of like asking a 400-pound
angel to dance on the head of a pin...

If you want to run a modern full distro like Redhat, then I'm afraid
that you're going to have to get a real hard drive... :(

  -=Brian L. Johnson,  www.blj8.com=-
     Total Bookmarks in file= 8714