[lifesaviors] Re: [Palaces4People] Happy First Anniversary

  • From: "Lion Kuntz" <lionkuntz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Palaces4People@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:30:59 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin, Maya, or Napi"
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:09:40 -0500
To: Palaces4People@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Palaces4People] Happy First Anniversary

> Dear Sir,
>
>     Your work awes mere mortals.  Studying the engineering details worked out
> an astonishing degree, musing over a future without Palaces for People,
> following the story of how you faced severe health challenge, yet just set
> out &
> learned the program with which you produced the graphics to illustrate the
> brilliant concepts, it is hard to believe that you are a mere mortal too.

That's my problem. I am mortal, and I pushed myself past endurance one too many
times. Now I am paying the price, with a sword of Damocles over my head
wondering if I can finish what I started before the hair breaks.

My concise explanation omits many relevent details: almost 32 years inventing,
32 years involvement with developing technology (including computer tech), 20
years working with emerging computer leading edge stuff. I first started with
computer graphics on an Apple II around 1982, so the principles of 3D raytraced
graphics were in my knowledgebase -- I just never stopped to learn the
interface of any particular rendering package earlier, nor did I ever before
have a computer that could raytrace a 1024x768 image in six seconds in 24-bit
colors.

My legacy, when the dust settles, may end up being a breakthrough maintenance
therapy for Type II Diabetes. It doesn't cure anything, but it can forestall
almost all of the major bad effects associated with diabetes.

It is simply large quantities of lecithin (soy-derived food suppliment product)
cleanses the blood of glucose attached to red cells as measured by the "A1c"
test.

High A1c numbers are indicators of catastrophic side-effects: stroke, heart
failure, amputation of limbs, blindness, necrosis. Bringing the A1c down below
7 is critical for avoiding these unpleasantries.

My first A1c test was 11.5(%), and three months later it was 7.2, then 3 months
later 5.3. Normal A1c tests at 4 to 6, so mine may be better than yours if you
are normal.

I didn't have to learn 3D raytrace until I had to, and I didn't have to learn
diabetes control until I had to. That's the story of my life -- a
procrastinator's work is never done.

>     When I first began reading the site, joined the list, backtracked
> messages,
> I wanted to know who the other members were, figuring there were probably
> other
> scientists & building professionals.  I first dared to send out a post in
> December.  Having read only half the messages in the archive (time, time, &
> round & round on the pages of the site & links), I am still a raw recruit, &
> have seen only a few messages from other members, but they are all thoughtful.

> Others have stepped forward to take a role, undefined as yet.

I wish they would tell me about it. How come I am always the last to know these
things? I do remember a couple of almost volunteers, but when I paid the cost
for stamps an CD blanks they never got back to me.

> Questions show
> that we are finding our way into the information overload.  Reading, reading,
> linking, backtracking.  Making time to get back to the study.

> The financing of
> the Palaces is so possible.

I did a quick & dirty business plan rough-out. I may have posted it on NovusNow
group instead of this group. But it showed the rough shell cost of dwelling
units to be $10,000, and the portional land charge to be under $2K.

This equivilates to $1,000/per month for one year to pay off the
homeowner-mortgage per unit in one year.

The Solar PV power supply is paid off in one year by reproducing a
"Palace-sized" quantity of new pV wafer stock in a "Month of Sundays" (32 weeks
running PV breeder on Sundays).

The ground floor commerecial space pays rent to the homeowners above at $900
per month per homeowner.

By the second year people are not paying mortgage, rent, or utilities ever
again for life, and getting an income from their downstairs investment.

Yes, "so possible" is the right phrase.

> The water processing cycle is so necessary.

You haven't seen the real deal yet. The stuff published is "placeholders" to
fill in blanks because I can't tell you about the technology that really goes
in there. Non-disclosure agreements.

> The
> history, from Genghis Khan to 1850's San Francisco, is a delightful addition
> the figures.  Connecting current events, other research & each member's
> experience & background pulls into all the directions possible, & back around
> the living solution that Palaces for the People offers in the face of the
> population bomb.  Even if the bomb just fizzles, where will all our children
> settle down & our grandchildren grow up with parks & trees & room to go
> outside?

I did another projection. All 6 gigafolks on planet earth can live in
ecocities, with essential agriculture, that use less than 1/6th the space of
the contiguous United States. We could all live here and depopulate Africa,
Europe, Asia, South & Central America, Australia and all the islands. No person
would ever be farther than two blocks from a park (2 1/2 acres), and the whole
planet would be available for nature tours without a permanent human presence.

The "population bomb" is those toxic thoughtforms infesting peoples heads,
making them nasty, mean, hateful, selfish, wasteful, and stupid. That's the
bomb that needs to be defused.

>     Where?  On the way to the Olympics is an excellent opportunity to
> introduce
> the environmentally sound luxury of P4P.
>
>     Where?  A city where low-income housing is an upcoming budget item?

Reality is difficult enough without getting into fantasy, as below...

>     Where?  Recently we have had three different mails on the coming ice age,
> how quickly the switch could turn, & spring never comes, snow piling up season
> after season, the oceans rising to wash away the present coasts.  In severely
> limited habitable areas of the Americas, Europe, & Siberia, where would people
> flee?  What is left of the Americas between the glaciers & the firestorms of
> the
> equator?  Would Africa fill with refugees?  Where might survivors cluster,
> cramming every acre?  Where might the municipal administrators think about
> preparing for the possibility of an overwhelming influx of displaced, spoiled,
> depressed, shocked families?
>
>     Where might a trial of P4P be initiated as a form of homeland security in
> the event of attack on the metro east coast?  Coincidentally, one of the
> places
> with room to start a city from scratch is that area that we were corresponding
> about the conference off-list, in South West USA.  Another surviving strip may
> be up-river a bit from swampy New Orleans.
>
>     Where else?  Australia & New Zealand are popular fantasies of hope for
> survival of the species in the worst case scenario.  In the best case
> scenario,
> all these places would still be filling up with people as a matter of course.
> So, where ever the first P4P breaks ground, the readers here will not be
> surprised to see the amazement of the average newspaper reader, of the
> mainstream media, of the skeptical politician, as the technologies one by one
> solve the most long-standing problems of urban living, with pleasure in life
> spare.

>     So congratulations for holding on with infinite patience.

Not infinite. Not immortal.

> For over twenty
> years, I have been a school principal.  Happily, projects fifteen years in the
> making are now unfolding here.  Sadly, some goals that were dear to me will
> never be fulfilled here because of the inability of the contractor & the
> financing bank to see that there is no need to keep repeating the same flawed
> building practices, when so much more is known about sustainability.

> What I can
> do to see the goal of sustainable buildings manifest through your project, is
> my
> project.  What small way I that I will find to participate is not yet clear.

All of my writing is designed to breakout from small thinking. No more bandaids
on hemmorrhages.

We know what to do. We know how to do it. We know why we need to. If you need
more details, write offlist.

Somebody of respectable venier, like a school principal, needs to get a small
group together and form a non-profit corporation. Some people are good at
starting; some are good at maintaining, some are good at growth and development.

I expect dropouts and burnouts. You don't have to carry the load forever. Plan
a year commitment, five hour meetings once a month. Or, I can do the non-profit
thing, and YOU write the Solar PV Breeder book, except that I know what goes
into the PV Breeder book, and you likely have the stability and peer-group that
can pull together three to five founding directors, so let's go back to plan A.
 Me = book, you = NGO.

> Through the writing, the discussion, the other members, the illustrations, &
> time, members of the list will see some of our roles in this the 2nd year.  We
> are not often invited to be part of something that will bring comfort to so
> many
> amid the greenspace.
>
> Peace,
> Napi

Uhh, don't count internet people before your eggs have hatched. Best look
around your flesh & blood circle for people you can count on, have counted on.
Once you have a quorum there, you might find additional input online that
contributes to what you can do in physical reality space.

Send me an offlist message where to send the CDROM version of the wedsite data.
I can LOAN you (but you have to send it back in a reasonable time) a printout
set of pages which help present the core concepts. This is the best I can do
for presentation materials for the time being.

Sincerely, Lion Kuntz

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm